Tuesday, December 9, 2008



Well, here is a picture of our tree this year.....I guess the "want to" did finally win out. I made the ornaments that are on it, think it could use some more. Also, I should have taken the clock down before snapping the picture. The gifts under it are all for me!!!! I did a 12 days of Christmas swap with the women on the HGTV needlework & quilting boards. Starting on Sat. we get to open 1 gift each day till Christmas. I am like a little kid, it is hard to wait.


These are the gift card holders I am making for the grandchildren that like money to do their own shopping. I used a Carol Doak pattern that she made for her yahoo group. They have an opening on the back to slip something in. I still have 3 or 4 more to make.


I don't feel like I have gotten much done these past few days, but guess I have. I also did a few more needle tatting projects. The light purple bookmark is for my mom, I am not sure who is getting the other items.


Till next time,

5 comments:

elsie123 said...

Great work on both the gift cards and the tatting. I've not tried the tatting, is it anything like crochet? The lavender/purple one really catches my eye.

Barb said...

Thanks, I really enjoy the tatting and right now think it is easier. I am just teaching myself to crochet, but seemed to learn tatting much easier.

Veronica said...

I like the gift card holder ornaments. :)

Donna said...

Your tree looks great with all the homemade ornaments. I like the gift card holders. Love the tatting, never tried it but I do crochet at times. It's the first needlework I learned to do. I looked at book yesterday at Hancock fabrics for knitting socks, when I seen it took 4 needles I put it right back on the shelf, LOL.

Allison said...

What neat ideas! I love the gift card holders too!! And I think the 12 days of Christmas swap is a fun idea to do with friends too!!!