Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Work has started!

Finally, I have a quilt on the frame on its way to being finished! This quilt was made with 9-patch blocks from the 1st swap I was ever in when I joined the HGTV message board (in early 2006). The alternate blocks are made with 2.5" strips I rec'd from the b-day swap in 2007. I pieced it all together in 2008 and now it is being finished in 2009!!!!! No wonder I don't get much done if everything covers 3-4 years! I did finish the quilting today and cut the strips for the binding so hopefully by the end of the week it will be completely done.


I have also been doing quite a bit of tatting while sitting in the evenings. Here are a few pieces. I think there are at 4 more that don't have pictures yet. Don't pay attention to the fabric they are sitting on.....it is stained from other projects.

The black and the pink items on the top row were going to be earrings, but I forgot to load the beads that I wanted on them.....they might end up being part of a necklace. The white items on the bottom are going to be put on my new crazy quilt block. The right-hand one is a bunny - in case you couldn't tell ;) The left-hand one in going to be snow on a mountain top, can you see it???



Lastly, here is the crazy quilt block I am working on. The red threads are just holding it together until the seams are sewn down. The "snow" above will be on the blue mountain and the bunny will be in the lower grassy area with some flowers, etc. At least that is the plan....




It has been really nasty here this past week, just as everywhere else. Cold, snow, windy, etc.....I don't like it. However, it has probably been a week since I have been outside the house and I did manage to accomplish quite a bit so maybe it isn't so bad after all.

Till next time,

2 comments:

Donna said...

Love the tatting and CQ block. What kind of frame do you have for quilting?

Barb said...

Thanks, I have a Lil'Gracie frame with a Husqvarna/Viking Mega Quilter machine. I really like it, just don't use it as much as I should.