Sunday, November 30, 2008

Getting Started

Ok, it is time to get started. I am not really sure what this will be about yet, but will figure it out as I go along. I learned to quilt a long time ago, but didn't have much time to enjoy it. Then about 4 years ago my husband retired, I quit working and we moved to the hills. That is when I found the time to quilt till I wilt! I have made at least one for every family member and more for some. I have learned that it is more fun to "make" the quilt then it is to finish it......there are at least 8 quilt tops in a pile waiting to be quilted and bound. There are also a dozen or more in different stages of construction, yet I still want to start more. There are just too many patterns and fabrics and not enough time in a day...........

I have a great family (most of the time) and we enjoy getting together when possible. We are hundreds of miles from each other, but do manage to visit 4-6 times per year. My husband and I have a total of 6 children and 13 grandchildren (ranging from 2 mos. to 17 years!) We just spent a couple days with some of them and will be seeing more of them at Christmas for a few more days.

I am a member of the HGTV Quilting & Needlework message board and really enjoy the friendships that have come from that as well as everything I have learned from the different people there. They helped me a lot in building my confidence in my work. I had the privilege of meeting 40 of them last March in Houston and had a fantastic time putting faces with names. I also taught myself to needle tat because of the beautiful work they were sharing.....I really like it. I have just started to teach myself how to crochet - don't you just love books? I do, you can learn anything you want from a book!

Ok, this is a start.......I will have to learn a few things about posting pictures, etc. so that I can share some of my projects with you. Will be back soon.........

2 comments:

Allison said...

I have seen some of your handiwork....and it's BEAUTIFUL! I especially love that you were able to do some quilting projects with your granddaughters over the summmer. Not only did you create beautiful quilts, but also beautiful memories that those girls will remember for a lifetime!!

Veronica said...

Glad you're here! :) You need to post lots and lots of pictures so that everyone can see your hard work. You can post pictures of your beautiful grandchildren too--I hear their the most gorgeous ones ever seen! ;)